5.18.2005

LONG ISLAND HARDCORE WEEK PART ONE!

So, yeah. Things are cool again.

Anyway, LIHC, right!? This week is LIHC week because Sunday is a reunion show for two of the bands that were staples of the LIHC scene from 1995-2001ish: Silent Majority and Milhouse. It's gonna be fucking crazy. I'm so excited. Plus, two current LI bands are playing, Thieves and Assassins and Crime In Stereo. CiS is amazing. I listen to them all the time, but haven't seen them, so this show is just extra awesome.
I'm a little rushed now because I've gotta bust outta work and head down to LI for a totally different show! Against Me and Murder By Death. It's the first show of the tour and it's gonna be killer.

Here's a track from Thieves and Assassins!

Thieves and Assassins - "People in Glass Houses Stay Warm Through the Winter" [from their 2004 demo]
download the whole demo at their site for free!



5 songs itunes played while I put this post together:
Hot Snakes "The Mystic Decade"
Mastodon "Crusher Destroyer"
Spoon "I Summon You"
Where Eagles Dare "Hard Times"
Silent Majority "Happy Hour"


Fuck. I just realized I saved this post as a draft and didn't send it out yesterday. Oh well. Two for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home